Granny versus the ANTI-VAXX
A downloadable game
Granny versus the ANTI-VAXX is a top-down action adventure where you defend a care home under attack by anti-vaxx zombies.
The campaign mode starts around the care home and lets you expand your actions in the whole city, pitting you against coughing anti-vaxx zombies, paperwork-throwing bureaucrats and capitalist overlords who want to infect everyone for their death cult.
You won’t be alone. The game lets you play as Granny, her grandson Marcus, or her partner-in-crime Ethel. Other citizens will join you in your defense of the care home and the city. Later levels will give you new abilities & weapons, but also feature tougher and more cunning enemies.
The game will have an early access release in December 2022 with three playable levels, with a 1.0 release expected in 2023. There will be regular updates in the meantime.
- Smooth top-down action, high fps
- Destructible environment: almost everything can be moved and destroyed.
- Three levels of mayhem in early release - ten levels at 1.0 release.
- Original weapons like syringe-shooting guns, coughs and sneezes, slingshots, paperwork, Molotov cocktails, and more.
- Original story about anger, alienation, loss and forgiveness - told in dialogue and through the game itself
- Speech balloons - jokes & quotes by you, by anti-vaxx zombies, bureaucrats, police and others.
- Cute 2D pixel art
- Dynamic 2D lighting
- Cats that follow you, butterflies, and bunnies
- Runs very well on laptops without making the fans spin loudly
- Doesn't take itself too seriously
- Absolutely no rpg abilities. Not a rogue-lite.
- Catharsis - ever been frustrated by some douche bag coughing in your face without wearing a mask? Or a bureaucrat with no apparent humanity? This is the game for you.
This is an itch.io community game. Released on itch and made with visual assets all made by itch.io creators. Many thanks to LimeZu https://limezu.itch.io/ for modern interiors & exteriors, SeethingSwarm for animals, Pipoya and Seliel the Shaper for people, Pixeltier for additional icons. Some stuff made by me in GIMP, Aseprite, Audacity.
Les Radios Butches https://lesradiosbutches.bandcamp.com/ #synthlife
Tim Beek https://timbeek.itch.io/
David KBD https://davidkbd.itch.io/
Dedicated to everyone who is trying to make it through the apocalypse. And to everyone who wants a bit of fun.
|Author||Working Class Games|
|Genre||Action, Adventure, Role Playing|
|Made with||Unity, Audacity, Aseprite, GIMP|
|Tags||2D, Casual, Female Protagonist, Pixel Art, Retro, Singleplayer, Top-Down|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, High-contrast, Interactive tutorial|
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.